In order to be a good network marketing you have to master the art of selling. Many reps come into this business with reluctance because they believe that they’re just not good at selling. Being a good network marketer does not require you to sell an overwhelming amount of product or services. But you do have to sell some and you do have to recruit a lot in order to be good.
Most Comp Plans Tell You What You Need to Be a Good Network Marketer
If you look at most compensation plans, the monthly requirements for active status is less than $200 in sales production. Most individuals can satisfy this requirement by becoming their own customer of the product they’re representing. One of the key strategies for getting to the next level is ensuring that everyone on your team is their own first customer. Doing this will help you in several ways: first, it will help your team members remain active each month, and second, it will help everyone become a better salesperson.
Products will sell themselves when you’re using them. Interestingly enough, your product cannot just jump out of the bag and spread itself onto or into someone’s body, but if you’re using the product and you have radiant skin or recently lost a lot of weight or your energy level has gone through the roof, people will be able to see this and will begin to ask questions like “What are you doing? “, “You smell great. What are you wearing?” or “How do you have so much energy?” These types of questions help you to sell your product and help you become a good salesperson. Even the person who claims they’re not a salesperson will have success when they become a user of the product.
Getting to the next level in your business will require you and your entire team to master the art of selling. Therefore, each and every month, you will want to cover as many aspects of selling as possible through your training, and be creative while you’re doing it. Here are some suggestions for generating sales:
- Host Your Own Event – If you’re a part of a party plan company, you can host your own Even if you’re not a part of a party plan company, you can host your own event in your home to invite people to come over to sample your product or service. This is a great way to generate sales, as people in general enjoy trying products before they buy them.
- Host Your Own Team Event – You can come together as a team and host a big event where everyone can invite their guests or past hostesses to come out and sample and buy products from your This is a great way to increase or generate group sales.
- Contact Your Warm Market – Contact all the people on your warm market list to place orders or re-orders. If you’re in the midst of moving up your plan, you can ask them to do you a favor to help you Most people respond positively to assisting you with your promotion goals, or to simply doing you a favor.
- Catalog Sales – If your company has product catalogs, you want to get that catalog into the hands of everyone you You can have your friends and family host catalog parties for you, where they can gather orders for you and you can reward them for doing it.
- Vending or Tabling Events – These are events in which you can purchase a table or booth and set up a display of your product for sales or demonstrations (if your company allows this). Some companies allow you to set up vending tables for demonstration only, while others allow you to sell product as Either way, these often provide great ways to generate sales and leads for the business. These events are normally fee- based and can be expensive. The best way to determine if an event is worthwhile for you is to look at the cost per attendee ratio (basically take the cost of the event and divide it by the number of projected attendees).
There are many more ways for you to Master the art of the sale, but we will cover them in another post. Meanwhile, if you hate selling, then join a Network Marketing company where you don’t have to. Click here to learn more.