You no longer have to struggle in your mlm business. Discover a system that will help you to have success in the network marketing industry. Some of the top network marketers have gone through this system and you can too. Click here to learn more!
Stop struggling with your network marketing business and learn the secrets of those who are crushing it online pulling as many as 100 leads each day. Click here to find out more!
The network marketing industry is not made up of pyramid schemes. People often believe that the person on top will always be on top and that no one can rise above that person or team. This is simply not true. Time and time again, new people are signing up for network marketing organizations and blowing past current leaders, and as I type this sentence, someone is getting blown past right now.
Corporate America is the real pyramid scheme
Nevertheless, people continue to perpetuate this myth. If anyone took time to do some analysis, they discover that Corporate America America, as well as the United States government are set up like pyramids. When you look at the organizational structure of most corporations, you find at the top a CEO/President and maybe some Sr Vice Presidents under them and some Vice Presidents under them and then some Sr. Directors under them and then Directors, Managers, etc. And what you might notice is that the closer you get to the top the smaller the number and the closer you get to the bottom, you will find more people. Hmmm!!! Sounds like the shape of a pyramid to me.
The most ironic thing about this structure is that when you’re hired by a Corporation, you’re not hired as the President in most cases. Quite frankly in most cases you’re hired at the bottom of the pyramid and you’re expected to work your way to the top. But how possible is that when the people at the top are constantly fighting to maintain their positions of power and prestige? How long do you think it would take you to get to the top of your corporation? If you answered a long time, you’re probably right.
Unlike Corporate America, network marketing is the only opportunity that allows you to start at the top. You can get started with most Direct Sales companies for less than $500.00. Where else can you start up a business or franchise with such a small investment and then turn around and work your way to millionaire status? Only in network marketing can you do such a thing and that is the beauty of this industry. In network marketing the playing field is level. The industry doesn’t care if you’re black, white, fat or tall or skinny. All this industry cares about is your passion and desire for success. When you embrace a network marketing opportunity with an open mind and a willingness to be coached, you will be transformed.
The holiday season is a great time to show love to your network marketing team. In case you didn’t know this, people join network marketing organizations for the friendship, recognition and the financial reward. Pretty much in that order, but somehow we make the mistake of believing that it’s all about the money when it’s really not.
Mary Kay Ash taught us a long time ago that in a field dominated by women, (which the home-based business industry is 80% women) most are looking for that nice ribbon in recognition for their accomplishments. Mary Kay is the only network marketing company today that focuses HEAVILY on rewards, prizes and gifts. And people wonder why the company is so solid and strong. It is because it is built on a foundation that recognizes reps who put in the work.
Network Marketing Reps are starving for recognition
The truth of the matter is network marketing reps are starving for that little bit of attention that they don’t get from home nor do they get from work. It is the responsibility of the team leader to ensure that his/her team is rewarded and recognized for their efforts. If you want a team that has a high level of retention, then show them the love and respect that they deserve and you will have a low attrition rate, which is something that most network marketing companies would die for.
It’s really a simple thing that is often overlooked by leaders who are often so focused on recruiting to fill a leaking bucket. A lot of mlm leaders think that all they have to do is produce. They make a big mistake in leaving the recognition up to the company, but the company don’t know the reps like you do. The company can’t speak from their hearts like you can, so never leave recognition up to the company. I don’t care how much it may cost you as a leader, but it is always a good idea to find a way to reward and recognize your team. Here are some low costs things that you can do:
1. Send a hand written note.
2. Create your own “pin” incentive program. Pins are not that expensive and they go a long way.
3. Run your own contests.
4. Pick up the phone and give your people a call.
5. Host your own private mastermind/leadership events for your team only.
You will hear a lot people say don’t go into management mode and that these things that I mentioned are management mode and non-revenue producing activities. But I beg to differ. These things are relationship building activities, and relationships are the heart and soul of network marketing. Therefore if you don’t take the time to build relationships, you will have missed the whole point of being involved in the industry.
There are 3 things you must do as a network marketer, which is create, advance and sustain momentum. And building solid relationships is an important part of sustaining momentum. And there is no better time for sustaining your momentum than the holiday season.
So, take some time to wish your key people a Happy Holiday Season, trust me, it will go a long way in helping you to grow in the New Year.
With your success in mind, Toni
Why are most network marketers failing? The answer is simple. They don’t earn enough income. The truth of the matter is they spend more money than they earn and they don’t understand why this is occurring.
So here’s the truth behind it all. Every new business owner MUST invest in their business, whether it’s network marketing or something else. The initial investment is always greater than the return.
Statistics show that it takes the average business owner 3 to 5 years to turn a healthy profit from a new business.
Why do network marketers believe their experience will be any different?
Here’s a fact: most network marketers enter the industry with no business experience at all. They don’t understand that building a successful network marketing business takes time and money and they quit before they ever really get started. Many have an employee mentality, so instead of earning an income, they look forward to receiving a check. They don’t understand that they’re no longer trading dollars for hours.
Most people in the industry earn on average $300 per month. But no one ever tells them what to do with that money.
A good 3-step strategy for someone entering into this industry is to:
- Keep your full-time job.
- Take the income you do earn and save 50% of it and re-invest the other 50%
- Set yourself up to earn additional streams of income by tapping into your passions and resources available to you.
Why is it that most people don’t tell anyone this? Well, I would guess that it’s simply because most people don’t know. The average person enters the field and quickly becomes disenfranchised because they don’t make enough and they spend most of what they earn investing in products, business tools, sales conferences, buying leads and training.
Let’s be clear, I am not saying that this is the wrong thing to do, because it is absolutely – THE RIGHT thing to do.
The real problem is that most people do exactly what the 90% who fail do. They get all of the information, training and tools and they sit on it and never take action.
As a matter of fact, 90% of the people reading this post will not take one action to achieve success.
So what’s the solution to the problem?
Network Marketers can put a plug in the hole in the bucket that is literally causing them to spend more money than they make by following a system like the Network Marketing Training Center which teaches how to generate upfront cash on their prospecting process and creating multiple streams of income.
This upfront cash can then be used to fund your advertising, business tools, sales conferences, and other costs associated with your business. This is called a funded proposal or some people call it Get Paid Today (G.P.T.)
I am not sure if the internet has killed network marketing but I can tell you that it has certainly thrown the industry a curve ball. The biggest problems that I see today in the industry is high attrition, no company loyalty, new companies being launched everyday causing too much competition and no one is focused on retailing the product anymore. Well I know that this is a mouthful so let me break some of this down.
- High Attrition – One of the biggest problems that I’ve seen lately in network marketing is high attrition. People quit the industry day in and day out. Some people quit before they even have a chance to get started. Some people quit before they even receive their starter pack. It is very discouraging to the average network marketer to see people leave on such a regular basis. It’s almost as if there is a hole in the bucket and as fast as you sign on a new recruit another one is leaving, which makes it feel as if you’re constantly working on patching up holes.
- No company loyalty – It seems as if people are leaving network marketing companies on a regular basis. Loyalty doesn’t exist, especially amongst leaders. For some leaders in the industry they seem to have jumping from company to company as a part of their income plan, especially in light of the fact that some many of them receive huge signing bonuses when they leave and promise to bring a whole lot of people with them. Doing things like that is never a good thing. A good leader that’s worth his or her salt would simply start over with a new company from scratch versus trying to raid their downline and wreck havoc on an organization.
- Too much competition – It seems as if everyday there is new company being launched. Every time you log on to your email there seems to be some new deal waiting in your inbox. The trick to having success is to find the individual that wouldn’t be tempted by all of this. But when you’re struggling at the bottom and an opportunity comes along that guarantees that you will be at the top because you’re one of the FIRST to get involved in the opportunity, then it may be hard for reps to resist. Your job is to find the ones who will.
- No one is interested in retailing product anymore. The internet has killed networking from a retail perspective. It’s hard to find a single soul who is out there actually selling product. Because getting out there is so much more expensive now than it used to be, reps are finding it difficult to find shows and find people who are genuinely interested in using their products or services. Besides, most people think that they can just send out a link to their website and that it will do all the work, but it just doesn’t work like that at all. People still want to sit down and chat, they want to touch and feel product and they definitely want to try it before they buy it, so the better thing to do is to get out there the goal ole fashion way and begin to do some retailing.
So, you be the judge, Is the internet killing network marketing?
I don’t think that the internet is killing network marketing. People are killing network marketing with their greedy and thirsty ways. The internet can do nothing but enhance your marketing efforts if you learn the right steps and use the right systems. You can win.
I can tell you from personal experience that network marketing is not for the faint at heart. Bear with me while I tell you my story of how I climbed to the top of my network marketing company’s comp plan back in October 2005…It was October 31,2005, a Halloween night and I was soooo close to the getting the final numbers that I needed to become a 3 Diamond National Vice President with my company which was called Warm Spirit. (Warm Spirit is now currently closed as an mlm, but I believe one of the founders still sells a few products via the website.) But I felt like I was running for office. The good part about the team that I was working with was the fact that they were all committed. They wanted to be a part of the experience of breaking a National Vice President. They also wanted to promote themselves up the compensation plan. You see I had poured so much into the team that they were excited and ready to take their commitment to the organization to the next level. We had something back then which so many network marketing organizations lack today and that is a commitment to the team.
Become a Network Marketing Leader
We operated on the concept of “One Band, One Sound”, which is a concept that I got from the movie Drumline. I firmly trained and communicated to the team that our success was dependent on the success of each other and that if one person was presenting the opportunity wrong, then they were ruining the opportunity for everyone. So I constantly explained the importance of all of us doing the same thing and saying the same thing. I also trained that one person’s success represented everyone’s success. It was a T.E.A.M. thing. We understood that Together Everyone Achieves More. Also, if there was one thing that our team understood it was that they could count on me to be there in the trenches holding it down for them, which is the reason why when it came down to pulling out a successful win and a title of National Vice President for me, Executive for several of them and Emerald Manager for so many others, they were ALL IN.
So on that night, everyone was all in. The phones were ringing like crazy. I looked absolutely crazy and I was thankful that it was Halloween. That night the team pulled in over $100,000 in production. I received my first 5-figure check and became the first and ONLY 3 Diamond National Vice President on the East Coast. Bam! We did it. But like I said, it felt as if I was running for office. I was constantly checking the volume and working my spreadsheets to see if all the numbers were falling in the right place. I was on the phone with corporate constant checking and double-checking to make sure that when the clock turned and the numbers were ran that I didn’t fall short of what I needed to qualify. It was nuts. It was exhilarating and it was also fun. But it’s not for the faint at heart.
I was recently told that if you want something bad enough that you will do what it takes to get it done and that the difference between those who make it and those who don’t is that those individuals who will have – THE WILL TO DO IT! They have the burning desire in their hearts to make it happen. I had that. And in network marketing you need that. You need to be committed. But you also need to be a leader. Those individuals that constantly sit in the audience and take notes but never put anything into action won’t win. But those who execute on the information and then have the courage to get up in front of the room to take about it and train about it are the ones that you will see rise to the top.
I have found that the key to network marketing success has everything to do with, creating your own success story, becoming the person that everyone wants to follow and to share, share, share. The best thing you can do when you find something that works is share it. Don’t hold anything back. Become the go to person and make yourself irresistible. Build your team on a solid foundation of trust and follow the “One Band, One Sound” mantra and you will not only succeed, but you will go straight to the top. Take it from me because I did it.
Lawrence Tam will probably end up being one of those guys that will go down in Internet Network Marketing history as a legend. He is someone that I have personally watched transform and grow over the past 4 years. I remember when he was a part of Cedrick Harris’ Team Takeover and he was a member of a group and I had the opportunity to ask him at the time what was the key to his success and he said to me “blogging”. Back when he said it to me the answer was so simple I didn’t want to accept it. I asked him, “What do you blog about?” and he said, “Anything.”
I Admire Lawrence Tam
I must say that Lawrence Tam is one person that I admire in the network marketing and internet marketing industry and the reason why I admire him so much is for the fact that basically tells it all. I think the one thing that he realized was that even if he revealed everything that he did, people still wouldn’t do it, so why hold back. I’ve discovered the same thing. You can reveal step by step ALL of your secrets and people still will not follow what it is that you say. I don’t know if it’s because they still don’t believe you or what the reason is, but for some reason people just don’t seem to believe anything.
Lawrence is probably one of the most honest and sincere upfront guys that you would ever meet online. He is open and he shares freely, but people still give him a hard time. Network Marketing is simple and pretty easy when you put it into practice and incorporate some online skills into your prospecting efforts. But here is the truth of the matter, IT TAKES WORK.
To create a blog post on a regular basis takes time and effort. Also, to make sure that your blog post are optimized for the keyword that you’re targeting also takes some time and effort. To get to the level of skill that successful network marketers who are marketing online like Mr. Tam does, also requires a budget. It costs money. It also requires time for you to learn new skills and how to use new tools.
Lawrence Tam initially made his money with My Lead System Pro, Empower Network and Visalus. I know that he’s still with Empower Network, which is a hybrid Affiliate/MLM company. I don’t know if he’s still with Visalus because they don’t want their leaders involved with anything other than Visalus. But Lawrence is smart. He’s honed his internet marketing skills and now he markets other affiliate programs and has become like one another one of my mentors, Daegan Smith a master of multiple streams of income.
Lawrence Tam is definitely a legend and will go down in history is a master of the internet network marketing universe. I would urge anyone to follow him and his teachings because I know that he’s taught me a lot and I know that you can learn a lot from him too.
Check him out at www.lawrencetam.net
(The above video on Finding MLM Leads speaks to clicking on a free link to an article. However, this is the article – So Thanks SO MUCH for Stopping by and I hope you learn a lot here) Read on…
Finding MLM leads does not have to be such an arduous task. With the right tools and training the process can actually be fun and easy. Everybody in the network marketing industry knows that having a fresh flow of new leads in your pipeline is the key to success. And while many people may tell you that mlm leads are everywhere, truth be told, the RIGHT mlm leads may be hiding somewhere behind a computer screen. And while they’re looking for you, you’re also looking for them, but the key is finding each other.
There are several types of mlm leads and they are as follows:
1. There is the person who has never been involved in mlm and don’t even know what network marketing is, but they know they need money and this sounds simple enough to do.
2. Then there are those who are involved in a mlm company right now, but they’re not having success and they’re looking for someone to show them the way.
3. Then there are those who have had some mlm success and they want to go to the next level. They know that something else is out there but because they’ve had a certain level of success, they don’t want to listen to anybody.
So who would you consider to be the best mlm lead? The person behind door number 1, 2 or 3. Yep. I would say the person behind door no. 2. Why? Because chances are they’re not happy with their mlm company or their mlm leadership and you will have the best chance of recruiting this person in your business.
So what exactly does this mean for you and your search for mlm leads? It means that now you know who to target. Your job is to target frustrated network marketers. If you do this then you will certainly find the mlm lead for your opportunity.
A good mlm opportunity will have certain systems in place to help you with the recruiting process. This is the sign of a good mlm company. They will make life easier and not more difficult.
Back in 2002 and every year after that, I started generating mlm leads online. I did this primarily through Google Advertising. I also advertised on Yahoo. I began to train my team on how to create lead capture pages and how to target specific keywords to generate leads. Only a handful of them began to duplicate what I was doing. I had become so good and so successful at generating leads via Google Adwords until I had enough leads to give away. And that’s exactly what I did. I gave away leads to the top performers on my team. They would call these leads and the people would sign up. This is because I provided so information for the online, so by the time the rep had reached out to the lead, they were already ready to sign on the dotted line. Some of them would sign up before I had a chance to even call them. (How about that Daegan Smith – the King of Never Calling a Lead! And my personal hero)
I flew under the radar. I didn’t want a lot of people to know me. But today I want everyone to know how easy it is to generate mlm leads. Some of the things you can do to get started generating leads online are as follows:
1. Participate in a team, company or system that will do everything for you.
2. Blog and begin to position yourself as an expert and begin to flow free traffic your way.
3. Begin Vlogging for the same reasons above.
4. Build a large social media following (targeted to those individuals who like mlm and network marketing) and begin to promote to these people.
These things will help you generate more mlm leads than you can handle. But for more info and to work with me contact me at 646-421-0830 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Also, if you’re looking for a done for you type of system that you can follow with ease, check out this site.
And come back to this site often for more FREE network marketing training.
A lot of people join network marketing companies every single day. This is a very emotional decision that is often done in haste. Most of the time people don’t take the time to really think about why they’re joining a particular MLM, so here are three specific questions that you should ask yourself before joining a network marketing company:
1. Do you believe in the product? This is HUGE! A lot of people join MLM companies when they really don’t have total faith and belief in the product or the company. The truth of the matter is if you have 1% doubt you’re out. You will never become a success if your subconscious mind does not have full faith and belief. A network marketing rep has to be 100% sold out for his/her company and product. You must believe that it works and that it’s beneficial or you will never be able to generate a sale or sign on a new recruit. PERIOD!
2. Do you believe in the compensation plan? If you don’t have 100% faith and belief in the compensation plan then how can you sell anyone else on their ability to earn income. There must be a simple path for others to earn income and their must be a simple way for you to explain this path to others. Preferably you will have traveled down this path for yourself.
3. Will you commit to the time it will take for you to succeed? Network Marketing is a marathon and not a sprint. So it will take time to build. Do you have the stamina to finish the race and see it through all the way to the end with the current company that you’re seeking to be a part of? How long have they been into existence? Will they be around for as long as you would like them to? If the answer is yes, then this is the company that you will want to be a part of.
4. Do you trust the owners? A big part of your network marketing success will come from your ability to trust the owners of the company. Let’s face it. There are not a lot of things that you can control about MLM companies. As a matter of fact, you and the company have an interdependent relationship, which means that they depend on you just as much as you depend on them. Having trust is will be a huge part of your success. You have to trust the owners of the company. If you have any doubt about where the owners are taking the company, you will not survive. Remember if you have 1% doubt then you’re out.
Network marketing provides a great opportunity for anyone who takes it seriously. The key is to find the right mlm company, with the right team and the right systems in place for you to experience success. If you haven’t found a network marketing company home, I invite you to join me and my mlm company. Click here to find out more.